1. What is the proportion of Western Clients in your partner Clinic?
It is approx. 100%. We have worked with IPs from USA, UK, Spain, India, Australia, Vietnam, France, New Zealand, UAE, Canada, Oman, Singapore, Malaysia, China, South Korea and Israel. Many-a-times, IPs also come down for a self cycle and IUI. In any case, we customize every package for each IP. Please make sure you visit our site on Facebook - www.facebook.com/becomeparents
2. How are the ED / Surrogates recruited?
Most of the times Clinic do have a good number of egg donors ready to donate at any given time. We also recruit surrogates via the IVF clink directly NO SUB AGENTS are used by us. This means we get a higher success rate as competed to any other IVF clinic. Our mantra is simple.. let the IVF doctor prepares the donor, the surrogate and our doctor being the embryologist also helps.
3. Any advice for Intended Mothers who are 40 plus...?
It is recommended that she get an S.FSH level done on day 1/2/3 of her next menses. An FSH level of more than 10 mIU/ml but less than 14 mIU/ml is suggestive of Incipient Ovarian Failure and that above 14 mIU/ml suggests Established Ovarian Failure. In such a case Donor Egg IVF will be the best option for you. These kits can be purchased from your local chemist.
4. Will the Intended Parents be able to select an Egg Donor beforehand?
Yes, Bangkok Surrogacy can provide you with local Thai, Malaysian, Chinese as well as Caucasian Egg Donor profiles to choose from. But please note that as this is an anonymous egg donation program. Thus neither egg sharers nor the professional egg donors will be allowed to meet with the intended parents.
5. How does Bangkok Surrogacy ensure the integrity of this medical procedure?
One of our staff member will be available in the clinic at the time of the Ovum (egg) pick-up of the donor or else we can organize a picture of the donor at the time of the egg pick-up. Later on Bangkok Surrogacy can also assist you to confirm this via a DNA test (optional and this does cost extra).
6. When are the contracts signed and under which laws?
All the Contract papers would be drafted by the Solicitors and sent across to you and they will be subject to Bangkok jurisdiction. The following are the 3 major agreements / contracts that will be signed between the IP and the Surrogate/ Agency.
I)Memorandum of Intent
II)Mutual Services agreement
III. Agreement between the IP and the egg Donor.
7. How long is the whole protocol from down regulation to embryo implantation?
Approx. 6 weeks. However, you are required to be in Bangkok only for 15 days. The down regulation requires the donor to be on tablets only and will not require any monitoring.
8. What if we use our own eggs and will that mean I will have to stay longer in Bangkok than the usual 6 weeks it takes for the whole process of surrogacy?
Both parents will be required to stay for a maximum of three weeks. Intented Mother ( IM) would need to be in the clinic a few days prior to the menses so that the clinic can run some tests along with a physical examination. IM's stimulation (Gonadotropin Injections) will then be started from day 1 or day 2 of the IM's menses (after doing the blood hormonal test).
9. If we were to use our own frozen embryo, it should take less than 6 weeks to complete the whole surrogacy process, is that right? Can you give us an idea exactly how long will the process take?
In case of a Frozen Embryo Transfer, either of the parents would not need to be in Bangkok.Bangkok Surrogacys would co-ordinate all the rest of the communication as well as send all updates to the parents by email and phone.
10. In which Hospital would the delivery take place?
Their IPs have a choice of delivery in a public or a private hospital. ( private hospital costs are slightly higer and are not in included in our package.
11. Can we pay by Visa/MasterCard?
Yes this is possible, but there is an additional CC surcharge for this type of payment.
12. What about single women? Whether Lesbian, unmarried, divorced?
We do work with single lady or single man for that matter.
13. I am a Caucasian and don't seek a donor. All I want is my eggs implanted on your surrogate. How long will I need to be in Thailand?
You will need to be in Thailand for two weeks starting from day 1 or 2 of your menses so that the Clinic can start your stimulation. However, you can also begin your injections in your hometown and reach the clinic by day 7/8 so that your stay in Bangkok is for a week only.
14. I am Caucasian. We don't seek a surrogate or donor. All I want is IVF done on myself.
We will just need you to undergo the screening tests prior to starting the cycle. You will need to send us a copy of all the reports. The clinic will then begin the cycle at the earliest. Your maximum stay in Bangkok will be for two weeks. Once Bangkok Surrogacy co-ordinates your case we will consult with the clinic and the parents and guide you accordingly so that you can plan your trip.
15. What is the success rate for the partner IVF clinic?
We have averaged 68% pregnancy rate with donor cycles in th year 2012-2013. Well the overall, success rates for IVF have steadily improved over the last ten years. Birth rates for IVF vary according to the expertise of the centers practicing this technique. However, centers in Europe have reported pregnancy rates after one cycle of IVF equal or superior to 25%. In 1993, the French IVF registry (FIVNAT) reported a pregnancy rate of 25.4% per embryo transfer on a total of 23,025 oocytes retrieved.
16. Does Bangkok Surrogacy arrange Traditional Surrogacy and why is Bangkok Surrogacy an Ethical Surrogacy Agency?
No we facilitate only Gestational Surrogacy.
17. How can we reach you?